- Junior Team Info
- Junior Registration
- Junior Team Contacts
- Junior Photo Gallery
- Juniors 2007
- Juniors 2005
- Junior Prize-giving 12 Sept 04
- 7th Grade Helios v Seatoun, 22-5-04
- Junior Soccer Preseason with 1st team
- Pre Season Junior Training
- Kronos 2003
- Olympic Proteus
- Olympic Posiedon
- Prize Giving 2002
- 7th grade Proteus
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 7
- Olympic Artemis
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 6
- 9th Grade Apollo in action
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 5
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 4
- Juniors Coaching Clinic
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 3
- 8th Grade Kratos - Game 2
- 8th Grade Kratos - First Game of the Season versus
- Juniors 2001
- 2001 Teams
- Juniors 2000
Junior Team Info
Juniors 2018 - General Information
Hi everyone, and welcome to another season of Junior Football.
Coaches will be issued with their gear bags, and should have made contact with their players concerning training times and venues. Playing strips will be issued to most coaches for distribution to players, but in some cases these strips will be issued at St. Mark's to the pupils rather than by the coach. Details are below;
The majority of the playing strips issued this year are brand new and include shorts as well as shirts. Please take good care of them as we need to use them for several seasons. DO NOT tumble dry them as the heat shrinks the light weight fabric. They will line dry inside or out in a very short time.
Season kicks off TBA. Weekly draws can be viewed at the following web sites.
Capital Football Junior Draw
These draws are however subject to change, so please check the printed draw in Thursday's Dominion Post, which takes precedence over the web sites. The Dominion Post draw is of course subject to change on Saturday morning's NewsTalk ZB (AM 1035) cancellation service, broadcast every half hour from 7.00am to 9.00am. Our soccer is referred to as WELLINGTON JUNIORS and WELLINGTON JUNIOR FOOTBALL Don't assume that rain means games cancelled and sunshine means gamesplayed - please check the cancellations.
Nursery grade will train/play on Saturday mornings from 9.00am until between 10.00 and 10.30am. Cancellation will be announced as above.
For all grades other than Nursery Grade, if your child is unable to play on Saturday for any reason, please telephone your coach and let him/her know in advance. There is nothing worse than turning up at the park with insufficient players to take the field. Often replacement players can be organised if ample warning is given.
1. Practice cancellation. Please give parents ample notification when training is cancelled. An email should be sent to affected parents before 2.00pm on training day. Coaches who have teams containing St. Marks players MUST notify the school office before 2.00pm on training day if training is cancelled.
2. Player of the Day certificates (20) were included in your gear bag. Please dont feel restricted to awarding only one per game. All coaches can award up to three certificates per match It is particularly important for 7th and 8th grade teams that at least two certificates are awarded each Saturday. Further stocks are available, but those already issued should last until the end of June.
3. Results must be notified to Dave Hooley at Olympic headquarters before 6.00pm every Saturday. There are three ways to do this.
1. Telephone Dave at 938-6614 (there is an answerphone for when he is not there).
2 3. Email email@example.com
In all three cases please be brief with your detail...eg.
This is Bill Bloggs with a soccer result for the 7th grade Biters. We won 6 - 4
4. Complaints. If you wish to lodge a complaint against another team this must be done in writing through Olympic AFC. Capital Soccer will not investigate complaints other than those that are lodged by affiliated clubs.
5. Decorum. Please remember that your, your players and your players' parents' behaviour reflects on Olympic AFC and St. Mark's. There must be no bad language and no aggressive behaviour. You will undoubtly come across poor refereeing decisions and unchecked foul play during the season. It is hard to take but accept it you must, as agressive and abusive behaviour will only exacerbate the problem.
Wellington Olympic AFC Junior Soccer Club is one of 13 Clubs and Colleges represented in the Wellington Junior Football Association, Grade 7 through Grade 16 leagues. Clubs as follows:
Wellington Olympic AFC cater for Grade 7 through to Grade 13 children. The qualifying birth date for each grade is the 1st of January; for example, a child who turns 10 during the season will play Grade 10. All games are played on Saturdays. Third formers, and above, are generally required to represent their College at soccer; the one exception being Onslow College.
All children must take the field in the correct playing uniform. Shirts will be supplied by Olympic for all teams, as well shorts for most teams will also be supplied. The number of the shirt (and shorts) issued to each player will be recorded as well as the condition of the gear supplied. The player will be required to pay for the replacement of the jersey (or shorts) for any damage or loss.
If your team is NOT supplied with shorts it is up to each of the players to buy their own shorts. These must be Royal Blue and are available for purchase at the St Marks Uniform shop, Rebel Sports, James Smith or Champs Sports, Left Bank, Cuba Mall.
We will advise prior to season kickoff which teams will be supplied with shorts.
All junior players have to buy their own socks. These must be Royal Blue with 2 white hoops and are available for purchase at the St Marks Uniform shop, Rebel Sports, James Smith or Champs Sports, Left Bank, Cuba Mall.
All junior players are graded according to age.
All players must buy their own socks. These MUST be Royal blue with white stripes and must be worn as part of the team uniform. These are available for purchase at the St Marks Uniform shop, Rebel Sports, James Smith or Champs Sports, Left Bank, Cuba Mall. Generally soccer boots are to be worn but with the hardness of the grounds atthe early part of the seasont, sandshoes are optional.
Female junior players may play down one age group.
Nursery Grades (PDP):
All non-college clubs including Olympic run a Nursery Grade. We encourage 5 and 6 year olds to attend, although some clubs restrict attendance to 6 year olds only. The number of children attending Nursery Grade have increased significantly over the last couple of years to 30 children in 2007.
For further information contact:
Nina Bertos: mob 021 262 7487 Junior Coordinator/Membership Secretary
2017 National U19s Tournament Results
2017 National U19s Tournament
Saturday, 21st October
Group B R1
East Coast Bays 1
v Wellington Olympic AFC 2
Group B R2
Wellington Olympic AFC 0
v Miramar Rangers AFC 3
Group B R3
Forest Hill Milford 0
v Wellington Olympic AFC 0
Sunday, 22nd October
Group B R4
Wellington Olympic AFC 2
v Waitakere City 1
Group B R5
Wellington Olympic AFC 2
v Petone Football Club 0
Glenfield Rovers 1
v Wellington Olympic AFC 1
Monday, 23rd October
Wellington Olympic AFC 3
v Cashmere Tech 0
Wellington Olympic AFC 2
v Ellerslie AFC 3
ISPS Handa Premiership
The clubrooms are available for hire, please feel free to enquire - contact details here.